Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Dress...

I keep dreaming about my dress. It will be in my hands in June, but I think I may have to go and try it on again, because I miss it. Why do dresses take 4-6 months to get to you? I'll tell you a little bit about my shopping experience...

My first trip out was to The Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul. My sister K had bought her dress there, so there we were. Ashley let my mom and I go through all of the dresses as we wished. I knew I wanted something vintage looking, lace, and NOT strapless. ( I hate all those pictures with the brides pulling up their dresses... but that's a whole other post.) Ashley pulled a few for me, and although I had a budget, we were not looking at the prices at all. She came over to us as we were in the "lace corner" and asked if we were looking at prices... my mom and I both said no in unison! Since I had about 10-15 to try on, I started with those. I couldn't decide if I should try on my favorite first, or save it for last... Ashley told me to try it on first.

I put it on and loved it. Tears welled up in my eyes. I came out and my mom teared up. I thought I was emotional because it was the first dress I had tried on...

Sorry... this isn't the dress, but it is similar. This is a Claire Pettibone called Demetra. Although I would absolutely LOVE to have a designer dress, it just isn't in the teeny tiny budget. The dress I tried on was a Casablanca and was $998. I steered myself away from #1 because it was strapless. It also had a bohemian look to it, and I didn't think that was me, and my style, so I kept looking.

I did continue to try on the rest of the dresses. Mermaid, fit and flair, straps, strapless... It was a little overwhelming. I did look good in most of the dresses, thanks to my hour glass figure, but I sure didn't feel comfortable in them! Some were impossible to sit down it! How can you enjoy your wedding if you can't even sit!?

We left there with me feeling a little defeated, and I made it a mission to find "the dress." Ashley was hilarious... we had the same sarcastic personality, and she thought I was hilarious. I had little comments about each and every dress I tried on. "I feel like My Fair Lady" (a dress my mom wanted me to try on) and "I can't walk; I can't sit; who would make a dress like this!?!"

I think I'm a pretty funny girl, and did I tell you I have a degree in Apparel Design? I like to critique clothes a little too much...


No comments:

Post a Comment